Emmett Sparling on The Rule To Increase Creative Performance, Living Out Of a Backpack & Lessons From Shooting Awarded Short Films
Talent comes after ten years of hard work.—Emmett Sparling
Emmett Sparling is an award-winning photographer and videographer. As a teenager, he left a burgeoning career in fashion photography to backpack across the world. Over the course of his journey, he began to gain momentum on Instagram as a travel photographer.
In the years since, Emmett has shot major tourism campaigns for Egypt, South Africa, Indonesia, Belize, and Switzerland. He’s also worked with Samsung, Lexus, Toyota, Bang & Olufsen, and other globally recognized brands. He’s nearing 1 million followers on his personal Instagram.
In this episode, Emmett shares how his family and his community supported and inspired his work. He also reflects on lessons learned from years on the road and offers a glimpse into what exciting new projects are next up.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Clever, Google Podcasts, or on your favorite podcast platform.
The transcript of this episode can be found here. Transcripts of all episodes can be found here.
#67 Emmett Sparling on The Rule To Increase Creative Performance, Living Out Of a Backpack & Lessons From Shooting Awarded Short Films – The Pierre T. Lambert Podcast
Selected Links from the Episode
- Emmett Sparling Official Website
- Emmett Sparling Instagram
- Emmett Sparling Facebook
- Emmett Sparling Twitter
- Emmett Sparling YouTube Channel
- EOS 5D Mark IV
- Voyager (Short Film)
- Sackcloth & Ashes Campaign
- Brain Maker
- Short Films Playlist
- Westfalia Camper Van
- Conor McCann Official Website
- Jord Hammond Official Website
- Josiah Gordon Official Website
- Chelsea Kauai Official Website
- Karl Shakur Official Website
- Shooting for Lexus. [1:04]
- Emmett’s road to travel photography. [3:40]
- High fashion work. [6:32]
- Backpacking through Mexico. [7:56]
- Flying to Bali and discovering the travel photography community. [9:04]
- Funding the lifestyle. [13:10]
- Taking the plunge and committing to travel photography. [16:00]
- Working for Samsung. [17:24]
- Business picks up. [21:57]
- COVID-19 [23:51]
- On alcohol and increasing creative performance. [25:33]
- Getting into filmmaking. [27:11]
- How he shot the short film Brain Maker [30:51]
- Future film plans. [38:14]
- His idea to shoot medieval Comedy in Oman. [39:48]
- Advice for someone who’s older who starts into the creative world. [44:39]
- Advice to start small. [46:17]
- Why mastering your craft is key. [47:51]
- Emmett’s family impact [49:46]
- How he does scriptwriting [52:14]
The Pierre T. Lambert Podcast is where Pierre interviews the best creatives in the world to share their tips and stories. Enjoy & spread the word to your friends about this podcast! Pierre T. Lambert is a travel & adventure photographer & YouTuber followed by over 600,000 people. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.