There is a fulfillment that comes from connecting with other people's stories.– Chris Burkard
Chris Burkard is a landscape photographer, storyteller, and human being who keeps pushing himself to the limit and goes deep into his discomfort to progress. Traveling throughout the year to pursue the farthest expanses of Earth, Chris works to capture stories that inspire humans to consider their relationship with nature, while promoting the preservation of wild places everywhere.
Layered by outdoor, travel, adventure, surf, and lifestyle subjects, Chris is known for images that are punctuated by untamed, powerful landscapes. Through social media, Chris strives to share his vision of wild places with millions of people, and to inspire them to explore for themselves.
His visionary perspective has earned him opportunities to work on global, prominent campaigns with Fortune 500 clients, speak on the TED stage, design product lines, educate, and publish a growing collection of books.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Clever, Google Podcasts, or on your favorite podcast platform.
The transcript of this episode can be found here. Transcripts of all episodes can be found here.
Welcome to the Pierre T. Lambert Podcast where Pierre interviews the best creatives in the world to share their tips and stories.
Enjoy & spread the word to your friends about this podcast!
Pierre T. Lambert is a travel & adventure photographer & YouTuber followed by over 600,000 people.
Find Pierre here:
- Youtube: https://youtube.com/pierretlambert101
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/pierretlambert
- Website: https://pierretlambert.com
Fire Episode with Chris Burkard that goes way deeper than just photography! Enjoy!
05:00 Story Telling is more important
09:10 How to tell stories without humans in your photos
16:00 Why negative feedback is good
19:30 It's not all about photography
21:00 Chris' creative "source"
23:00 Doing something too many times will kill the effect of it
26:40 Is Earth better off without humans?
29:00 Introspection vs Reaction
36:00 Why Chris doesn't give feedback online
🔥Watch Chris' film: 👉 Under an Arctic Sky – Chris Burkard
🔥Get Chris' book on Amazon: 👉All his Books here
🔥Check Chris' work on Instagram: 👉 https://www.instagram.com/chrisburkard
Hope you learned something out of that episode! Now go crush it out there and remember to be nice with our planet – we only got one!
SHARE That episode if you like it & leave a 5* to the podcast on Apple Podcast – thank you!As usual, ask any question you have about photography, videography, cinema, social media or anything related to a modern creator's life.
Enjoy & spread the word to your friends about this podcast! Subscribe!! <3
👉 Get the Free Top 5 Email: https://pierretlambert.com/top5
👉 YouTube: https://youtube.com/pierretlambert101
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Connect with Chris Burkard:
- What does photography mean for Chris? [02:01]
- Why did Chris say that the projects that you suffer for are the ones that are good? [06:45]
- Chris defines the concept of capturing an image? [07:22]
- He talks about how he showcase landscapes in his photographs. [08:49]
- Why does Chris enjoy documenting the human experience? [13:29]
- What makes a trend a trend? [14:48]
- What are the different sports that Chris have dabbled with? [18:39]
- Other than photography, what are his other facets to his creativity that he tries to foster? [23:25]
- Chris shares his passion. [24:52]
- What does it mean by interacting with the natural world? [26:13]
- Chris explains his mission of wanting to bring joy and happiness to other people's life. [32:01]
- How does Chris critic someone's work? [37:03]
- What are his ways of meditating? [38:59]
- Parting thoughts. [43:05]
The Pierre T. Lambert Podcast is where Pierre interviews the best creatives in the world to share their tips and stories. Enjoy & spread the word to your friends about this podcast! Pierre T. Lambert is a travel & adventure photographer & YouTuber followed by over 1,000,000 people. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.