There is a fulfillment that comes from connecting with other people's stories.– Chris Burkard
Chris Burkard is a landscape photographer, storyteller, and human being who keeps pushing himself to the limit and goes deep into his discomfort to progress. Traveling throughout the year to pursue the farthest expanses of Earth, Chris works to capture stories that inspire humans to consider their relationship with nature, while promoting the preservation of wild places everywhere.
Layered by outdoor, travel, adventure, surf, and lifestyle subjects, Chris is known for images that are punctuated by untamed, powerful landscapes. Through social media, Chris strives to share his vision of wild places with millions of people, and to inspire them to explore for themselves.
His visionary perspective has earned him opportunities to work on global, prominent campaigns with Fortune 500 clients, speak on the TED stage, design product lines, educate, and publish a growing collection of books.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Clever, Google Podcasts, or on your favorite podcast platform.
The transcript of this episode can be found here. Transcripts of all episodes can be found here.
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Connect with Chris Burkard:
- What does photography mean for Chris? [02:01]
- Why did Chris say that the projects that you suffer for are the ones that are good? [06:45]
- Chris defines the concept of capturing an image? [07:22]
- He talks about how he showcase landscapes in his photographs. [08:49]
- Why does Chris enjoy documenting the human experience? [13:29]
- What makes a trend a trend? [14:48]
- What are the different sports that Chris have dabbled with? [18:39]
- Other than photography, what are his other facets to his creativity that he tries to foster? [23:25]
- Chris shares his passion. [24:52]
- What does it mean by interacting with the natural world? [26:13]
- Chris explains his mission of wanting to bring joy and happiness to other people's life. [32:01]
- How does Chris critic someone's work? [37:03]
- What are his ways of meditating? [38:59]
- Parting thoughts. [43:05]
The Pierre T. Lambert Podcast is where Pierre interviews the best creatives in the world to share their tips and stories. Enjoy & spread the word to your friends about this podcast! Pierre T. Lambert is a travel & adventure photographer & YouTuber followed by over 600,000 people. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.