With anything, no matter how fun it is, no matter how much money you're making with it, if you're not connecting to a purpose or a sense of purpose behind it, it's just going to start feeling draining.– Chelsea Yamase Kauai
Chelsea Yamase (@chelsekauai) is a Hawaii-born creative, freediver, and Acro Yoga teacher. She is not only a photographer, a model, and a visual artist, she is also an adventurer that travels around the world. She inspires us and makes us discover new places to explore.
At the end of 2020, she hit 1 million Instagram followers. With more time at home during the pandemic, she launched a recycled swimwear collection with Away That Day, as well as her own Presets.
Partnering with brands like Canon, KEEN, Adobe, National Parks services, she sets out to lead a more purposeful and less stagnant life by documenting her purest intentions. Chelsea loves seeking extraordinary experiences, all through a lens of mindfulness and eco-innovation.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Clever, Google Podcasts, or on your favorite podcast platform.
The transcript of this episode can be found here. Transcripts of all episodes can be found here.
Welcome to the Pierre T. Lambert Podcast where Pierre interviews the best creatives in the world to share their tips and stories.
Enjoy & spread the word to your friends about this podcast!
Pierre T. Lambert is a travel & adventure photographer & YouTuber followed by over 600,000 people.
Find Pierre here:
- Youtube: https://youtube.com/pierretlambert101
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/pierretlambert
- Website: https://pierretlambert.com
- Pierre's Free Top 5: https://pierretlambert.com/top5
- Shownotes: https://pierretlambert.com/podcast
Do not miss this one! Chelsea Yamase, aka @chelseakauai is a photographer, model, and adventurer Hawaii-based that has traveled to over 53 countries in the past 3 years. She has a deep curiosity in the world, has amassed a large Instagram following and worked with some of the biggest brands on the planet while staying authentic and down to earth.
In this episode, we dig into her story, how she quit her long-time dream of being an architect, how practicing courage has helped her change her life + be more creative, what gear she uses and why, how to reach out to people the right way and much more.
🔥Go say Hi to Chelsea on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chelseakauai/
🔥Chelsea's blog: http://adventurerscollective.com/
I hope you learned something out of that episode! Now go crush it out there and remember to be nice with our planet – we only got one!
Please, SHARE this episode AND leave a 5* rating on Apple Podcast – It means a lot, THANK YOU!
👉 Get the Free Top 5 Email: https://pierretlambert.com/top5
👉 YouTube: https://youtube.com/pierretlambert101
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Why did Chelsea quit becoming an architect? [07:46]
- What was Chelsea's motivation to pursue what she really wanted? [15:52]
- How can someone manage failure and loss? How did practicing courage help? [18:46]
- Why do people need to be super excited about the moments that feel weird and uncomfortable? [21:12]
- With all the challenges that Chelsea experienced in her life, when did she realize that she has that “creative power” and how did she become confident on what she does? [23:37]
- For Chelsea, the most beautiful thing in the world is to feel connected to people and to feel seen and to make other people feel seen. How did Chelsea come to share everything on her social media where she shows her most authentic self? [31:38]
- Is there really a competition on social media? Chelsea shares ideas on how can someone stand out from the crowd. [36:46]
- Chelsea explains why building rapport with other photographers is important. [45:18]
- Chelsea shares her favorite gear . [46:07]
- Has Chelsea always been into the outdoors or adventurous stuff? [52:15]
- Chelsea's advice for people feeling trapped in their work. [58:39]
- Chelsea shares some of her unforgettable experiences while shooting her favorite images. [1:01:10]
- How does “seeing things with completely different eyes” inspired Chelsea in her photography? [1:16:21]
- Parting thoughts. [1:19:23]
The Pierre T. Lambert Podcast is where Pierre interviews the best creatives in the world to share their tips and stories. Enjoy & spread the word to your friends about this podcast! Pierre T. Lambert is a travel & adventure photographer & YouTuber followed by over 1,000,000 people. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.