What can keep you going is when you see more of what other people make and try to make it different in your style.”– Karl Shakur
Welcome to the Pierre T. Lambert Podcast where Pierre interviews the best creatives in the world to share their tips and stories.
Enjoy & spread the word to your friends about this podcast!
Pierre T. Lambert is a travel & adventure photographer & YouTuber followed by over 600,000 people.
Find Pierre here:
- Youtube: https://youtube.com/pierretlambert101
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/pierretlambert
- Website: https://pierretlambert.com
- Pierre's Free Top 5: https://pierretlambert.com/top5
- Shownotes: https://pierretlambert.com/podcast
Karl Shakur is a travel and adventure photographer that I've always admired for his sense of aesthetic when it comes to consistency in tones for Instagram. His work is followed by over 400,000+ people worldwide.
Karl shares in this episode his creative process during the lock-down, how he edits for consistent tones, how he decided to leave being an Architect to pursue travel photography and how he plans for trips! Enjoy!
🔥Karl's video on editing for the right tones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWw-o5w524c&t=418s
🔥Karl's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV_8Y0UpV9uTd0Mh1Nio18A
🔥Karl on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/karl_shakur/?hl=en
I hope you learned something out of that episode! Now go crush it out there and remember to be nice with our planet – we only got one!
Please, SHARE this episode AND leave a 5* rating on Apple Podcast – It means a lot, THANK YOU!
👉 Get the Free Top 5 Email: https://pierretlambert.com/top5
👉 YouTube: https://youtube.com/pierretlambert101
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Connect with Karl Shakur:
- Karl talks about his consistency through a theme of color in his photos and how he does it. [2:15]
- How did he find out that his close-up portraits got him out of his comfort zone? [6:07]
- How did he get into the world of photography? [7:59]
- Karl shares his first trip as a photographer. [9:42]
- How does Karl tell his unique background on his work? [11:19]
- Karl shares stories on why did he switch from architecture to photography? [15:31]
- How does he show his creativity during this time of pandemic? [18:04]
- When is the best time for him to make more creative stuff? [19:26]
- What would be Karl's creative process if there was no COVID-19? [25:25]
- What tools help Karl with his research for a shoot? [29.21]
- Karl shares his gear and what he takes with him when he travel. [32:43]
- How does Karl balance his time between the business side, sponsors, and creativity? [45:55]
- Karl gives advice to someone who is just finishing high school. [48:25]
- What did Karl learn in the university that greatly impacted his life? [51:43]
- Parting thoughts. [53:15]
The Pierre T. Lambert Podcast is where Pierre interviews the best creatives in the world to share their tips and stories. Enjoy & spread the word to your friends about this podcast! Pierre T. Lambert is a travel & adventure photographer & YouTuber followed by over 1,000,000 people. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.