Welcome to the Pierre T. Lambert Podcast where Pierre interviews the best creatives in the world to share their tips and stories.
Enjoy & spread the word to your friends about this podcast!
Pierre T. Lambert is a travel & adventure photographer & YouTuber followed by over 600,000 people.
Find Pierre here:
- Youtube: https://youtube.com/pierretlambert101
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/pierretlambert
- Website: https://pierretlambert.com
Karl Shakur is a travel and adventure photographer that I've always admired for his sense of aesthetic when it comes to consistency in tones for Instagram. His work is followed by over 400,000+ people worldwide.
Karl shares in this episode his creative process during the lock-down, how he edits for consistent tones, how he decided to leave being an Architect to pursue travel photography and how he plans for trips! Enjoy!
🔥Karl's video on editing for the right tones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWw-o5w524c&t=418s
🔥Karl's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV_8Y0UpV9uTd0Mh1Nio18A
🔥Karl on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/karl_shakur/?hl=en
I hope you learned something out of that episode! Now go crush it out there and remember to be nice with our planet – we only got one!
Please, SHARE this episode AND leave a 5* rating on Apple Podcast – It means a lot, THANK YOU!
👉 Get the Free Top 5 Email: https://pierretlambert.com/top5
👉 YouTube: https://youtube.com/pierretlambert101
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Connect with Karl Shakur:
- Karl talks about his consistency through a theme of color in his photos and how he does it. [2:15]
- How did he find out that his close-up portraits got him out of his comfort zone? [6:07]
- How did he get into the world of photography? [7:59]
- Karl shares his first trip as a photographer. [9:42]
- How does Karl tell his unique background on his work? [11:19]
- Karl shares stories on why did he switch from architecture to photography? [15:31]
- How does he show his creativity during this time of pandemic? [18:04]
- When is the best time for him to make more creative stuff? [19:26]
- What would be Karl's creative process if there was no COVID-19? [25:25]
- What tools help Karl with his research for a shoot? [29.21]
- Karl shares his gear and what he takes with him when he travel. [32:43]
- How does Karl balance his time between the business side, sponsors, and creativity? [45:55]
- Karl gives advice to someone who is just finishing high school. [48:25]
- What did Karl learn in the university that greatly impacted his life? [51:43]
- Parting thoughts. [53:15]
The Pierre T. Lambert Podcast is where Pierre interviews the best creatives in the world to share their tips and stories. Enjoy & spread the word to your friends about this podcast! Pierre T. Lambert is a travel & adventure photographer & YouTuber followed by over 1,000,000 people. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.