If you want to start as a career artist, you have to start with a direction and with a goal in mind.“– Evan Ranft
Evan Ranft is a professional photographer and short-form video maker based in Atlanta, Georgia. His top 3 most renowned projects were the ones with Toyota Rav4, Montana Cans X Heineken, and MOET & Chandon.
Evan is not only a commercial photographer who shoots a lot of lifestyles. He's also a street photographer that shares his adventures on YouTube. He has had his work featured in galleries and recently, he put out a book, a photography book.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Clever, Google Podcasts, or on your favorite podcast platform.
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Connect with Evan Ranft:
- When did Evan's YouTube channel start? [03:30]
- How did his style evolved? [10:04]
- How does Evan deal with doing things over and over and with switching to different styles of photography? [14:44]
- What type of projects does he do? [17:42]
- Evan explains the difference between using your creative side for business and for hobby. [19:28]
- He gives advice to those who want start as a career artist. [21:26]
- What is his book's theme and how did he identify the best pictures for it? [22:29]
- What platform does Evan prefer for posting photographs? Twitter or Instagram? [28:28]
- Evan gives more tips about posting pictures. [31:38]
- What does Evan mean when he said that pictures say something together and that they say a lot less by themselves? [33:53]
- Parting thoughts. [38:06]
The Pierre T. Lambert Podcast is where Pierre interviews the best creatives in the world to share their tips and stories. Enjoy & spread the word to your friends about this podcast! Pierre T. Lambert is a travel & adventure photographer & YouTuber followed by over 600,000 people. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.