Sam Newton – How to Land Paid Travel Photo & Video Clients and Be Unique in the Creative Field (#49)
Everyone's going through life with other people's definition of success, and for me, you just have to define what exactly success means to you.“– Sam Newton
Sam Newton is a travel filmmaker, a Turtleneck enthusiast, and an entrepreneur who co-founded MoveToCreate.
He is a seriously multi-talented YouTuber whose name exploded onto the scene through combining cinematic travel films with scripted comedy and bursting with creativity and charisma.
Sam goes all-out in everything he does, whether it’s a “regular” travel video, a comedic video, or a music video.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Clever, Google Podcasts, or on your favorite podcast platform.
The transcript of this episode can be found here. Transcripts of all episodes can be found here.
Sam Newton on his Process to Land Paid Travel Clients, and Being original in the creative field – The Pierre T. Lambert Podcast
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Connect with Sam Newton:
- Jay Alvarrez
- Sam Kolder
- Luke Jackson Clark
- Jack Greener
- My Year 2019 Video
- What Matters Most Video
- 3 Years, 30 countries
- What are the pros and cons of making videos with subtle humor? [2:46]
- Who is Sam outside of his funny videos? [7:41]
- Sam talks about challenging the status quo, touring in a different way, and being true to himself to make good stuff. [8:49]
- Sam's origin story. [13:55]
- Sam shares valuable tips for students about getting into college and pursuing their dreams. [18:27]
- What is the real meaning of success in life for Sam? [25:43]
- Sam shares the challenges he encountered as he pursued his goals. [26:50]
- How did the pandemic affect Sam’s career as a videographer? [31:13]
- How did their company reached corporate level clients? [34:54]
- How important is it to build a connection with your clients? [37:55]
- What is Sam’s point of view on making free work? [43:41]
- Sam’s advice on how to efficiently and creatively spend your time during this pandemic. [53:27]
- What is Sam focusing on as he moves forward? [47:58]
- Does Sam have plans to travel? [50:51]
- Parting thoughts. [58:34]
The Pierre T. Lambert Podcast is where Pierre interviews the best creatives in the world to share their tips and stories. Enjoy & spread the word to your friends about this podcast! Pierre T. Lambert is a travel & adventure photographer & YouTuber followed by over 600,000 people. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.