Sean Li is a serial entrepreneur, having launched and sold multiple businesses over the past 10+ years. He has founded a co-working space in Downtown Los Angeles, multiple e-Commerce companies focused on inbound content marketing for DIY products, and numerous podcasts. Most recently, he completed his MBA from the Berkeley Haas School of Business and co-founded a new business called Clever FM.
He talks about his entrepreneurial journey, which he believes happened out of necessity. Having graduated during economic downturns in 2008 and during last year’s pandemic, he continues to pursue his passion to solve problems and provide job opportunities.
I highly encourage you to listen until the end of the episode. The conversation covers various topics such as making tough decisions (like turning down 300k offers), setting a timeline for your dreams, knowing when to quit, lessons we’ve learned after becoming dads, and great tools under $150.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Clever, Google Podcasts, or on your favorite podcast platform.
The transcript of this episode can be found here. Transcripts of all episodes can be found here.
Welcome to the Pierre T. Lambert Podcast where Pierre interviews the best creatives in the world to share their tips and stories.
Enjoy & spread the word to your friends about this podcast!
Pierre T. Lambert is a travel & adventure photographer & YouTuber followed by over 600,000 people.
Find Pierre here:
- Youtube: https://youtube.com/pierretlambert101
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/pierretlambert
- Website: https://pierretlambert.com
- Pierre's Free Top 5: https://pierretlambert.com/top5
- Shownotes: https://pierretlambert.com/podcast
Sean Li on Saying No to 300,000$+, Restarting the Podcast, Building Your Business, NFTs and Lessons from Becoming a Dad
Welcome back to the show after a "short" break. Today we're diving into topics like how to make hard decisions (like turning down 300k offers), what I have planned for this podcast reboot, how to build your own business, brainstorms around the world of NFTs, lessons from becoming a dad and much more with Sean Li.
Sean is a serial entrepreneur having launched and sold multiple businesses over the past 10+ years. He has founded a co-working space in Downtown Los Angeles, multiple e-Commerce companies focused on inbound content marketing for DIY products, and numerous podcasts. Most recently he completed his MBA from the Berkeley Haas School of Business and co-founded a new business called Clever.
▷ Discover Clever: https://clever.fm
▷ Full show notes on https://pierretlambert.com/podcast
I hope you learned something out of that episode! Now go crush it out there and remember to be nice with our planet – we only got one!
Please, SHARE this episode AND leave a 5* rating on Apple / Spotify – It means a lot, THANK YOU!
▷ Get Free Access to my bi-monthly TOP 5 email with inspiration, books, tips, gear and more – Join the tribe: https://pierretlambert.com/top5
▷ Twitter: https://twitter.com/pierretlambert
▷ YouTube: https://youtube.com/pierretlambert101
▷ Instagram: https://instagram.com/pierretlambert
Selected Links from the Episode
- Clever FM
- Radical Acceptance: Awakening the Love That Heals Fear and Shame by Tara Brach
- Free Will by Sam Harris
- The Dip by Seth Godin
- Backpack Clip
- Magic Trackpad
- Bose Smart Speakers
- Red Dead Redemption
- God of War
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Axie Infinity
- Facebook Super Events
- Gary Vee’s NFT
- What are NFTs
- What is web 3.0
- ENS tokens price
- .ETH Domains
- Ted Chin Podcast Episode on NFTs
- Steve Jobs & using LSD
- Michael Singer
- The 2021 MacBook Pro
- Sean’s entrepreneurial journey. [00:04:31]
- Pierre explains what he has planned for the podcast reboot. [07:20:00]
- What is Clever FM? [00:17:08]
- How to get prepared for when the opportunities arise. [00:28:34]
- Balancing life as an entrepreneur and becoming a dad. [00:34:10]
- Dealing with toddlers, tantrums, and shaping behavior. [00:40:06]
- How the concept of radical acceptance helps. [00:43:26]
- Sean & Pierre’s favorite tools, within the $100-$150. [00:47:43]
- Comparing how houses are built in California and France. [00:52:49]
- Thoughts on living in a virtual world. [00:57:55]
- Sean shares his experience pitching to Techstars. [01:06:54]
- Balancing schedule as parents and entrepreneurs. [01:08:26]
- Living a privileged life as an entrepreneur and making the most of time. [01:12:33]
- Do we really have a choice in life? Discussing insights from Sam Harris on free will & choices. [01:14:24]
- Why did Sean choose entrepreneurship over supporting entrepreneurs as a VC? [01:25:29]
- Tools for decision-making and setting a timeline on your dream. [01:29:42]
The Pierre T. Lambert Podcast is where Pierre interviews the best creatives in the world to share their tips and stories. Enjoy & spread the word to your friends about this podcast! Pierre T. Lambert is a travel & adventure photographer & YouTuber followed by over 1,000,000 people. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.