Laura Dawn on Overcoming The ‘I’m Not Creative’ Label, Microdosing for Creativity and Psychedelics Safe Use
I'm inviting people to cultivate a morning practice, a daily practice that helps set a foundation. That's unique to them. That then is sort of a launchpad for living our best lives. And we can say that creativity is humanity at its best, right? Creativity is a way that we're a full expression of who we are.—Laura Dawn
Laura Dawn is a psychedelic advocate, author, and international speaker who has been leading transformational retreats for ten years. Her retreats inspire people to awaken to greater possibilities.
Host of The Psychedelic Leadership Podcast, Laura Dawn is a microdosing mentor for executives and top performers and has been leading transformational retreats for over 10 years.
Laura Dawn has a degree in Finance and Entrepreneurship and over two decades of exploring altered states of consciousness. Currently, she is completing a Masters in Science specializing in Creativity Studies & Change Leadership, exploring the intersection between psychedelics and creative problem-solving to help corporate teams unlock innovative solutions to the complex challenges we face.”
Laura talks about her journey to micro-dosing and how that helped her improve her creative flow. She discusses how psychedelics and sacred plant medicines can be used to manifest your dreams and how they can be woven safely into the very fabric of your daily life.
Find out how her journey led her to her more profound understanding of the intersection and overlap between psychedelics and creative problem-solving.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Clever, Google Podcasts, or on your favorite podcast platform.
The transcript of this episode can be found here. Transcripts of all episodes can be found here.
#62 – Laura Dawn on Microdosing for Creativity, Overcoming The 'I'm Not Creative' Label, and Psychedelics Safe Use – The Pierre T. Lambert Podcast
Medical Disclaimer: THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to audio, text, graphics, links, images, and other materials contained on this website, are for informational purposes only. No material on this site is intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical or mental health condition, or treatment, before undertaking a new health care regimen. Please don’t disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Selected links from the episode
Connect with Laura Dawn:
- The Pyschedelic Explorer's guide
- Laura's Free eight-day course on micro-dosing
- The Power of Vulnerability, by Brene Brown
- Examples of plant medicine and synthetic psychedelics
- 5-HT2 Receptor
- Stanislav Grof
- Holotropic Breathwork
- Burning Man
- Dr. Robin Carhart Harris
- How to Change Your Mind by Micheal Pollan
- James Rhodes 4Ps of Creativity
- Alex Grey, Visual Artist
- The Matrix Movie
- Tim Ferriss, Podcast host
- 45 Questions to Vet your guide
- How Laura’s childhood teacher affected her perception of creativity? [00:02:20]
- The first seven years of our lives shape our perceptions about life. [00:07:20]
- How to identify the patterns that drive our limiting beliefs. [09:30]
- Intro to Psychedelics and the different ways to access an alternative state of consciousness. [00:15:15]
- Culturally correct ways to discuss plant medicines within psychedelic discussions. [00:17:01]
- What Psychedelics “feel” like [00:19:00]
- How having entrepreneurial parents shaped how Laura D. sees opportunities. [00:21:18]
- What shaped Laura D's perception of Psychedelics? [00:27:21]
- Laura D intuitively micro-dosing in high school. [00:29:34]
- Discipline for Laura D means being intentional in where you spend your energy and creating a space designed to help you get the best ideas. [00:32:42]
- The four-way framework, Creative Leadership Development 101. [00:35:31]
- How to create clarity in your vision? [00:36:12]
- Integrating plant medicine into your life and lifestyle. [00:39:00]
- How integrating psychedelics and plant medicines helps you achieve clarity. [00:39:59]
- Keeping an open heart, mind, and body helped her achieve transcendent experiences. [00:45:07]
- How microdosing works and why guidance is important when doing it. [00:52:20]
- What is a microdose? [52:00:00]
- How microdosing is affecting the way our creativity flows? [01:0 1:02]
- Playing and dancing help us express ourselves more creatively. [01:04:40]
- Psychedelics are becoming more mainstream in helping treat mental health problems. [01:05:45]
- Creativity is an infinite process affected by our process, mindset, and environment. [01:07:46]
- The extreme importance of doing psychedelics safely. [01:12:46]
The Pierre T. Lambert Podcast is where Pierre interviews the best creatives in the world to share their tips and stories. Enjoy & spread the word to your friends about this podcast! Pierre T. Lambert is a travel & adventure photographer & YouTuber followed by over 600,000 people. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.